Vision Care Benefits for Uniformed Service Members
BCBS FEP Vision welcomes retired uniformed service members, active duty family members and survivors. TRICARE members are eligible for great vision care coverage.
Who Is Eligible?
- Retired uniformed service members, spouses, survivors, and dependents with a TRICARE health plan
- Active duty spouses and dependents
- Divorced or separated unmarried spouses
- National Guard or Reserve members (and survivors) enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS)
- Medal of Honor recipients (if not on active duty) and their families
TRICARE health plan members are eligible to enroll and select their own vision coverage through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP).
FEDVIP is a voluntary, enrollee-pay-all dental and vision program available to certain retired uniformed service members, active duty family members, and survivors. It is sponsored by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), and BCBS FEP Vision is proud to offer coverage through this program.
Uniformed Services Advisory Board
BCBS FEP Vision’s Uniformed Services Advisory Board is comprised of retired officers and senior noncommissioned officers from the different branches of the uniformed services who are dedicated advocates for those who are currently serving in the military, those who have honorably served in the past and their families.
The board’s mission is to strengthen the strategic direction for how to best engage, drive FEDVIP awareness, and educate the uniformed service eligible population about the value of vision insurance.